Spiiker “影视原声”,感受纯正英音,体味高雅贵族生活!
中英对白:
Robert: Well, we've given them a memorial in London and a memorial here.
好啦,伦敦和这里的追悼会都办完了。
George Murray: I prefer memorials to funerals. They're less dispiriting.
追悼会更好些 没有葬礼那么压抑
Robert: We could hardly have held a funeral without the bodies.
没有遗体也办不了葬礼。
I gather they're putting up a stone to mark those whose bodies were never found.
我看他们会建一座纪念碑来悼念那些尸骨无存的人。
George Murray: In fact, I hear the Canadians are making quite a thing of the Titanic cemetery.
实际上我听说加拿大人要建泰坦尼克号公墓。
I'm surprised at the number they found. You'd think the sea would have taken more of them.
我对他们所找到的遗体的数字感到惊讶。我本以为还有更多的人都要葬身海底了。
Robert: So, Murray, what have you to tell me about the lucky Mr Crawley?
那么, Murray,你必须告诉我那位幸运的Crawley先生家成员有什么消息呢?
George Murray: Nothing too terrible, I hope.
我希对你来说不是太糟糕的情况。
[Scene: Murray chuckles.]
[情景:Murray轻声地笑了笑。]
George Murray: I've only made a few inquiries but, no, there's not much to alarm you.
我也只是稍作了些打听,您不必太担心。
Matthew Crawley is a solicitor, based in Manchester.
Matthew Crawley是名律师,在曼彻斯特执业。
Robert: Manchester?
曼城?
George Murray: His special field is company law. His mother is alive and he lives with her.
他的专长是公司法。母亲还健在,同他一起生活。
His father, obviously, is not. He was a doctor.
当然啦,父亲过世了,生前是名医生。
Robert: I know. It does seem odd that my third cousin should be a doctor.
我知道我的三堂兄居然是一名医生。
George Murray: There are worse professions.
还有比这更差的职业了。
Robert: Indeed.
确实。
See more information, you can visit us
英语口语测试 http://www.spiiker.com/daily/
在线学英语口语 http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp