Robert: Good morning, Carson.
早安 Carson
Carson: Good morning, my Lord.
早安 老爷
[Robert dishes up the breakfast buffet for himself.]
Robert: Is it true what they say?
他们说的是真的吗
Carson: I believe so, my Lord.
我想是的 老爷
I'm afraid we'll know some people on it.
恐怕上面有我们认识的人
Robert: I don't suppose there are any lists of survivors yet?
生还人员的名单应该还没出来吧
Carson: I understand most of the ladies were taken off in time.
据我所知 女士们基本上都获救了
Robert: You mean the ladies in first class?
你是说头等舱的女士们吧
[Carson nods grimly.]
God help the poor devils below decks.
愿上帝保佑那些下等舱的人
On their way to a better life.
下辈子有个好去处
What a tragedy!
真是场惨剧
[Robert opens the newspaper to see a picture of the Titanic. Lady Mary and Lady Edith enterand read over his shoulder.]
Edith: When Anna told me I thought she must have dream it.
Anna告诉我时 我还以为她是做梦呢
Mary: Do we know anyone on board?
船上有熟人吗
Robert: Your mother knows the Asters. At least, she knows him.
你母亲认识的Aster一家 至少她跟男主人比较熟
We dined with Lady Rothfuss last month.
上个月我们和Rothes夫人一起用过餐
Robert: There are bound to be others.
肯定不止这些
Edith:I thought it was supposed to be unsinkable.
我还以为这船不会沉
Robert: Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it.
无翻不了的山
So every ship is unsinkable until it sinks.
无沉不了的船
情景模式:
1. 情景:西方人非常崇拜上帝,经常会说“愿主保佑......”,这句话就这么说:
God help sb. (+clause).
源于台词:Robert: God help the poor devils belowdecks.
2. 情景:自己的亲人去世,无疑是悲痛,但是死是无法避免的,我们会对逝去的亲人祝福在天堂中过着比生还时更幸福的生活。我们这样表述:
On one’s way to a better life.
源于台词:Robert: On their way to a better life.
3. 情景:我们生活的世界中,没有绝对性的东西。倘若有人以绝对论来说这个世界的事物,你可以用剧中Robert的经典话语驳斥:
Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it.So every ship is unsinkable untilit sinks.
源于台词:Robert: Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it.So every ship isunsinkable until it sinks.
4. 情景:有人求助于你帮忙,你可以帮得到,但是可不要打包票,即使能百分之百的能帮得了,也给自己留点余地,不妨套用下面的这个句型:
I am afraid (that)+clause.
源于台词:Carson: I'm afraid we'll know some people on it.
See more information, you can visit us
英语口语测试 http://www.spiiker.com/daily/
在线学英语口语 http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp